The Chinook Memorial – The Ultimate Curved Columbaria
Sunset’s curved columbarium models draw the eye to a welcoming and peaceful space. Our exquisite craftsmanship accentuates the graceful, smooth flow of lines, which blend in perfectly in natural environments.
Features like flanking towers are options that may be added to each end of our curved models to create greater prominence and provide greater niche capacity. Proportion, balance and scale are considered in every custom design. Sculptural pieces are sometimes added to enhance each cemetery’s unique space and style.
As a custom columbarium manufacturer, we can create a design that will meet any specific curved model specification. The flexibility of Sunset’s aluminum frame allows us the ability to meet any architectural design challenge. Curved columbarium walls can be fashioned in single or double-sided configurations depending on space considerations and landscape additions.
Standard features for all of Sunset’s curved columbaria are a 100% granite exterior (lifetime warranty on the granite), highlighted by our key-locked interior aluminum door for added security and ease of use by cemetery staff. Interior-niche designs use either our all-aluminum, powder-coated interior or our nylene interior-niche system.
- Designs can incorporate benches and sidewalks, central feature units, and fountains.
- Combinations of rock-pitched edges and sawn finishes can create a rugged or rustic look, whereas polished finishes can be more elegant.
- Masonry-stone end walls can add a distinctive look to accentuate natural features in the surrounding area or other buildings and structures in the cemetery.
Our nylene niche system has the following advantages:
- it is lighter than concrete, granite and aluminum
- it is pound-for-pound stronger than steel in compression
- the molded shape eliminates the caulking necessary to all granite columbaria that can create a future maintenance issue
- it is cost effective which allows us to achieve a superior product at a very competitive price, and it can withstand the temperature extremes found in the North American climate
- available size: 11⅞” x 11⅞” x 15½” (W x H x D) or 11⅞” x 11⅞” x 11⅞” (W x H x D), designed to hold 2 urns
Our aluminum interior niche system has the following advantages:
- custom sizes and depths are also available – 13-1/2” wide by 13-1/2” high is becoming a popular choice for the interior niche size
- our rectangular columbaria are typically made with 24, 48, 64, or 80 niches, but is easily changed to accommodate other sizes depending upon your specific landscape and architectural requirements
- size is 12” x 12” x 16” (W x H x D) or 12” x 12” x 12” (W x H x D), designed to hold 2 urns