- A grave monument is usually made of granite and is placed over a grave in a cemetery.
- These types of monuments might also be called memorial monuments, grave markers, cemetery headstones, or headstone monuments.
- We offer many different types of cemetery headstones and each one can be personalized with art, accessories, and bases. If we don’t have a design that’s exactly right for you, contact our sales team about creating a custom-designed grave marker.
- At Sunset, we also manufacture accessories for memorial monuments (e.g., vases, porcelain photos, lights, lanterns), memorial benches, and statues.
- Sunset also offers installation services and we can even restore memorials that are old or damaged.
- A columbarium is an above ground, outdoor structure with small niches that holds cremated remains.
- Family columbaria are designed to hold the cremation urns of one or more family members.
- Commercial columbaria are larger structures designed for cemeteries and churches. They’re manufactured to hold many cremation urns in individual compartments that are called niches.
Where Can I See Different Types of Monuments?
- We have many grave markers and headstone monuments on display in our showroom at our head office in Calgary.
- Many people find it helpful to come and see all of the different sizes, shapes, colours, styles, and accessories. We’re open Monday to Friday during regular business hours.
- If you can’t make it during these times, contact our sales team about setting up a different time or you can see many of our cemetery headstone designs online.
What if I’ve Never Bought a Memorial Before and I’m Feeling a Little Overwhelmed?
- If this is the first time you’re buying a memorial, we’ll help you through it. Whatever type of cemetery headstone or memorial monument you decide on, we’ll help design something that will honour and cherish the person’s memory.
- It’s a good idea to talk to someone from our sales team about what type of grave marker you’re looking for. You can talk over the phone or come and meet with someone in person.
- Our sales team are kind, caring, and they don’t work on commission. You won’t ever feel rushed into making a decision or spending extra money on things you don’t really need. They’ll explain all of the steps, what you need to do, and you can ask as many questions as you want. We want you to take your time and think about all the information so you make a decision that you feel good about.