At Sunset, we create beautiful headstone monuments, grave markers, and cemetery headstones so people have somewhere special to go and reflect on memories of the person they’ve lost.
We’re one of largest grave monument companies in Western Canada. We have a very large inventory of memorial monuments. Because of this, we’re often able to have a very short turnaround time between when you order a grave monument and when it’s delivered and installed.
All of our memorial monuments are high quality and unique. We get our wide selection of headstone monument colours from all over the world, so there are always lots of options for you to choose from.
What are Memorial Monuments?
- Memorial monuments are usually made of granite and they’re placed over graves in cemeteries. Memorial monuments might also be called grave monuments, grave markers, cemetery headstones, or headstone monuments.
- We offer many different types of memorial monuments and each one can be personalized with art, accessories, and bases. If we don’t have a design that’s exactly right for you, contact our sales team about creating a custom-designed grave marker or memorial monument.
- At Sunset, we also manufacture accessories for headstone monuments (e.g., vases, porcelain photos, lights, lanterns), memorial benches, and statues. Accessories are a nice way to make a grave monument personal and unique.
- Sunset also offers installation services and we can even restore memorials that are old or damaged.
What is a Columbarium?
- A columbarium is a special type of memorial monument. It’s an above ground, outdoor structure with small compartments called niches, that hold cremated remains.
- Family columbaria are memorial monuments that are designed to hold the cremation urns of one or more family members.
- Commercial columbaria are larger structures designed for cemeteries and churches. They’re manufactured to hold many cremation urns in niches.
How can I Make a Memorial Monument Stand Out More?
If you’re looking for a way to make memorial monuments more personal or unique, think about adding an accessory. At Sunset, we have these types of accessories:
- porcelain photos
- bronze appliqués
- memorial monument vases
- memorial monument lanterns
- memorial monument lights
If you have something specific in mind or you’re not exactly sure what type of cemetery headstone you want, contact our sales team. They have lots of knowledge and experience to share.
Where Can I See Different Types of Memorial Monuments?
We have many grave markers and memorial monuments on display in our showroom at our head office in Calgary. Many people find it helpful to come and see all of the different sizes, shapes, colours, styles, and accessories. We’re open Monday to Friday during regular business hours. If you can’t make it during these times, contact our sales team about setting up a different time or you can see many of our cemetery headstones online.
What if I’ve Never Bought a Memorial Monument Before and I’m Feeling a Little Overwhelmed?
- If this is the first time you’re buying a memorial monument, we’ll help you through it. Whatever type of cemetery headstone or memorial monument you decide on, we’ll help design something that will honour and cherish the person’s memory.
- It’s a good idea to talk to someone from our sales team about what type of grave marker or memorial monument you’re looking for. You can talk over the phone or come and meet with someone in person.
- Our sales team are kind, caring, and they don’t work on commission. You won’t ever feel rushed into making a decision or spending extra money on things you don’t really need. They’ll explain all of the steps, what you need to do, and you can ask as many questions as you want. We want you to take your time and think about all the information so you make a decision that you feel good about when you’re choosing a memorial monument.