What is a Family Cremation Monument?
- Today more people are choosing to be cremated instead of having a traditional burial. This means special types of memorials are needed. A family cremation monument (also called a family columbarium or family memorial) is one option for this.
- Sunset’s Family Heritage Model is a family memorial that holds cremated remains for a family (or families). It’s an above ground, outdoor structure with small niches that hold cremated remains. This family memorial is compact and efficient. It can hold up to 12 urns making it the perfect resting place for many generations of family members.
- Sunset’s cremation family memorial features include:
- a free-standing granite unit that’s 4 feet and 7 inches high
- a 2½ feet by 3 feet and 7 inch footprint to maximize the land
- a solid granite gable roof
- polished granite niche faceplates that can be engraved or have plaques added
- We can help design a family columbarium that will reflect your personal tastes and spiritual customs and beliefs. You can choose the size, style, and any other features you want. We work closely with cemeteries to make sure that your design will follow their standards and guidelines.