Today more people are choosing to be cremated instead of having traditional burials. Sunset’s cremation memorials and family columbaria are beautiful pieces of artwork created to hold cremated remains.
What’s the Difference Between Cremation Monuments and Family Columbaria?
- Cremation monuments are above ground, outdoor structures with small compartments called niches. The niches hold cremated remains in urns or other vessels. There’s also room in the niches for meaningful, personal items. When people talk about cremation monuments, you might also hear them called a cremation memorial, a cremation columbarium, or even cremation monument headstones.
- Family columbaria are cremation monuments that are made for specific families. If you’re interested in a family columbaria, Sunset has many designs for you to choose from. There are different shapes, styles, colours, and sizes. Talk to someone from our sales team if you have questions or want more information.
Do Cremation Monuments Come in Different Sizes?
Sunset is a leader in custom design and construction of cremation monuments. We have lots of experience with different sizes ranging from small, private family cremation memorials to large, commercial columbaria for public and private cemeteries. We can create a design for any size of cremation memorial that you’re looking for. If you have questions, talk to someone from our sales team.
The Heritage Family Columbarium
- One of Sunset’s most popular cremation monuments is the Heritage Family Columbarium. It’s a classic style that can hold from 8 to 12 urns (depending on the size of the urns). The Heritage Pedestal is another option that can hold up to 4 urns.
- Sunset’s Heritage cremation monument designs can be customized to suit your taste. For example, you can choose a pagoda roof or a flat roof, with or without a vase on the side. If you’re looking for something specific, talk to someone from our sales team.
- Many people choose the Heritage Family Columbarium for a cremation monument because it’s highly secure. It has a key-locking inner door to ensure the niches aren’t ever disturbed. The security doors have beautiful granite faceplates that can be engraved with artwork (sandblasted or lasered) or adorned with a bronze plaque.
Other Options for Cremation Monuments
- If you’re looking for a single urn cremation monument, Sunset has a beautiful single niche model called The Haven with 2 vases on each side and a key-locking door.
- If you’re looking for a unique type of sculpture, have a look at the cored monuments section of our website to learn more about how these memorials can be customized. If you have something special in mind, talk to someone from our sales team.
- Many families choose a cremation bench memorial. It can hold an urn with cremated remains and it’s a lovely place to sit and reflect. You can customize a bench in many ways. Talk to someone from our sales team to find out more.
- Sunset can also help if you’re looking for a cremation memorial for an in-ground burial. Talk to someone from our sales team if you have questions or need more information.
What Cremation Monument Features Does Sunset Offer?
We’re a columbarium manufacturer that’s recognized all over North America for our innovation, engineering, and distinctive custom cremation memorials. If you order a family cremation columbarium or cremation monument from Sunset, here are some of the features you can expect.
Does Sunset Install Cremation Monuments?
At Sunset, we install all of the cremation monuments we manufacture. We have lots of knowledge and experience and can install a cremation monument anywhere in North America. The price for this service is included in your quote. There are no hidden costs after the fact.